Friday, October 10, 2008

Deadline week

Finally having access to the internet….The clock is showing 10.37 PM and I’m still in client site…should be working but I think that I need a little break from the clouds of dizziness that I’m facing now.

Deadline week!!!! I think that there is a meaning in that word “DEADlinecoz I think that people are dying during that horrible week.

What to write on this occasion yahhmmm…. Thinking and thinking about wonderful things to be share…. Oh… I have read all the novels that I have borrowed prior to Lebaran holiday. I read the first 3 books of tetralogy Laskar Pelangi.

I think that it is a good book with lots of important message in it such as how education is a very important thing and that I should be grateful that I can have that good education. I especially like the 3rd book where the author (Andrea Hirata) wrote about his experience in Paris when he received scholarship to Sorbonne University. I like how he explained about the differences of culture that he have countered and paradox that he realise such as the paradox where the western people party a lot and spend a little time in studying while he is a follower of Dasa Dharma Pramuka but still those western people have higher grades than him. I also like his writing about his adventure going around the world backpacking. I also like this 3rd book because I notice that he his writing skill have improve significantly compared to the 1st and 2nd book. So I can’t wait to read his 4th and final book.

To my surprise, my mother also read the 1st book because she knows that the book is talking about the struggle of a Belitung’s boy. My mom originally comes from Bangka which is an island near the island of Belitung with some similarity noted such as they are both are under the same province (Bangka-Belitung), there are both produce lead as the main commodity of income, etc. My Mom also asks to watch the movie in the theatre so on the holiday I take her and my dad to watch it. My mom watches it and like the book better but my dad is sleeping in almost half of the movie.

Ok that’s all to share and now the clock is showing 10.58 PM and I think my manager is instructing us to go home... Hip Hip Hurray!!!!

No comments: